Apple manufactures magnetic flexible dies for a vast array of applications in heights to 2 mm and with a variety of treatment options. Flex dies are CNC sharpened for extremely tight tolerances. Our flex dies can be made to cut through, kiss cut, crease, or to provide micro-perforations. Flex dies can also be made with different height blades on a single die.
Flex dies offer cutting angles from 30 – 110 degrees and cut heights from .32 – 1.5mm. All flex dies are custom-tailored to your material specifications.
Flex dies are made of hardened steel, are corrosive resistant, and can also be coated and laser hardened.
Why use a flex die rather than a steel rule die?
- The flex die will have no joints
- Much less expensive than rotary dies
- +/-.0002” height tolerance makes it ideal for kiss cutting and no make-ready is necessary
- Can be used on either rotary or flatbed presses
- Shipping costs are minimal
- Very easy to store